How DolMark works
Last updated: May 06, 2021
3. What you cannot do on DolMark
4. Purchase/payment flow
5. Fees, Payments and Disputes
- Be descriptive in your title and description, but don't misrepresent your listings or insert external links.
- Take authentic high-quality photos and accurately show your item.
- Please accurately indicate the condition of the item.
- If you allow for local pickup, you can select it as an option in the list.
- For shipping, just use a flat rate, and you can add any other specifics for shipping in the general description (i).
- Only list items that are authentic, licensed, and that you really own.
- Post one listing for each item you want to sell, so buyers can easily find what they are looking for.
- Once the product has been shipped, send the buyer the tracking number.
- Immediately add fees to the price of the listing since it's not modifiable anymore once the transaction is closed.
(i) The seller may decide to add the shipping cost in a second moment as the latter may vary based on the buyer's location. Entering it immediately by putting a random figure can be misleading for those who buy, not really reflecting the shipping costs and the overall costs of the transaction.
Are you a shop/retailer/professional?
- Point out your return policies into the listing (ii)
- Show in your profile your Company name, name, surname, address, telephone number and email address
(ii) for European legislation (art.9 of Directive 2011/83 / EU of the European Parliament and of the Council on consumer rights) the consumer has the right to return the product within 14 days of delivery. For further details on the right of withdrawal, please refer to the relevant paragraph in the 'Terms and Conditions' section.
Since we are located in Europe, our main currency is €. We put a Currency Converter link on the top bar to help you out choosing the right price. Once you received your money after a transaction, PayPal can exchange it to your currency.
- Select the category you want to buy from: individuals or shop
- Ask the seller to include as many photos and details as possible within the listing;
- Ask the seller for the shipping costs, as he may have indicated fictitious costs in the listing, as these may vary depending on the buyer's location;
- Put the status of the transaction in COMPLETED only when you have received the product and checked that it is intact and in excellent condition. If this is done before, you cannot modify the transaction status, and a dispute cannot be opened;
- Rate the seller after you set the transaction in COMPLETED.
Did you find a listing that does not comply with the above terms? Please contact us to report it.
Contact the seller only if you are really interested in buying. Questions are legitimate, but it is not correct to make the seller waste his/her time by asking him/her a thousand questions, asking him/her to go to the warehouse to take more photos or other, and then not buy the item.
- Insert the same listing in multiple categories.
- Insert lists of non-relevant keywords in the title and/or text of the listings.
- Insert links within the listings (i.e. Facebook groups or other marketplaces).
- Insert ads that do not sell a specific product but whose sole purpose is to give visibility to a brand, a company, another website.
- Insert auctions.
- Insert pre-order or trade listings.
- Insert listings asking to be paid by reloading prepaid cards, for example, Postepay, Revolut, N26, etc. or services such as Western Union, MoneyGram, BidPay
- Insert listings with racist and/or discriminatory terms and/or with content that is offensive to ethnic groups, public figures or private individuals.
- Enter private information (email, mobile number, Facebook profile) within the listing or profile or exchange such information in a chat with another user.
- Insert listings of products that you do not have, which will be purchased at a later time from third parties (be they individuals or companies), following an interest on the part of the buyer.
- Ask the seller to share more photos of the product on other channels than DolMark's. Instead, ask the seller to include more photos into the listing.
- Contact the sellers to send them commercial proposals or communications not relating to the asset for sale (for example, brokerage proposals or commercial communications).
- Selling goods or services that are outside the following categories:
- Action figures
- Art prints
- Comics (iii)
- Memorabilia (iv)
(iii) CGC Comics; Artbook
(iv) Record albums; Coins; Cut Signature; Magazines; Photo; Poster; Manuscripts; Trading cards
Even though they fall into one of the categories indicated above, on DolMark is not allowed the sale of goods or services that are:
- Any type of weapon or instrument capable of offending, including war and collectible weapons, toys that can be transformed into weapons and unsuitable and not listed weapons;
- Brass knuckles and batons; swords of any kind; replicas of firearms; airsoft weapons; explosives and fireworks;
- Pornographic or vulgar material; used underwear;
- Fake or counterfeit products;
- Illegal copies of music, films, books, video games, software and other assets subject to copyright;
- Game consoles and other modified electronic devices, modification articles or services that allow you to bypass protection systems (DRM);
- Goods or services prohibited in specific categories.
- decide at any time the actions to be taken in the event of listings that infringe these rules or the principles on which DolMark is based;
- modify/update the rules at any time, even without prior notice;
- change the title of the listings for editorial reasons and/or to make the content of the listing more understandable;
- do not publish a listing or to delete it if directly published online by the user if the content of the listing violates the general conditions of use of the service, and/or these rules or, in any case, if its content does not comply with DolMark's editorial policy. DolMark will not be responsible for any direct and/or indirect damage caused to third parties by the publication of the listing, even if it has not ordered its cancellation;
- add an image to your listing of the original product to enhance the likelihood of it being sold.
If you are interested in a product, by clicking on 'Buy' you will be redirected to an order summary page. To proceed with the payment, you will have to accept the DolMark Terms and Conditions. To make the payment, you can do it either via PayPal or Stripe (v). By clicking on 'Proceed with payment', if you have entered your card details, the payment will be automatically processed through Stripe and the order will be confirmed; if you have chosen PayPal, you will be sent back to their servers and here you can decide whether to pay by credit/debit/prepaid card (with a circuit supported by PayPal) or by logging into your account. With PayPal ONLY, you can withdraw at any time by clicking on 'Cancel and go back to Dolmark', and you will not be charged any amount. By clicking on Pay now, you will confirm the purchase, and you will no longer be able to cancel the transaction.
By going to your profile, you will be able to see the details of your order, in particular:
- the total amount paid
- the delivery address
- a chat to keep talking with the seller
- a notice indicating that the seller must accept the payment request. Once accepted, the payment will be made
- the 'Mark as completed' and 'Dispute' buttons
These buttons are automatically added, allowing the buyer to manage the transaction autonomously. We recommend choosing COMPLETED only after receiving the product and checking that it is intact and that it complies with the description of the listing. Once set to this status, the transaction is no longer editable, and you will have to rate the seller.
Please Note: even if you have purchased the item by confirming the payment on PayPal or on Stripe, the seller has three days to accept or refuse the payment. If he refuses it (about the reasons, we invite you to ask the seller) or doesn’t confirm within three days, you will be automatically refunded with the amount paid.
When the buyer confirms the payment, you will receive a notification of the purchase on your profile and by email, and you have three days to accept/reject the payment. At the end of these days, the transaction is automatically cancelled and the buyer refunded.
By clicking on the notification, you will be able to see the details of the order, in particular:
- the order total (the price of the listing + shipping)
fees which will be deducted from the total (Please Note: PayPal fees will be
docked once the amount is received on your PayPal account)
- Buyer's shipping address
- A chat to keep talking with the buyer
- Two buttons to accept or decline the payment
Accepted the payment, you will receive the total amount, deducted from the DolMark fee, on your PayPal account, or on your current account - if the payment was made with Stripe (vi). The % of PayPal and Stripe is calculated on the total amount of the transaction gross of DolMark fee.
By clicking on 'Refuse payment' instead, you will have the opportunity to reconsider and decide whether to accept the transaction or completely reject it, also sending a reason to the buyer. In the latter scenario, the buyer will find the order in 'Rejected', and he will not be charged any costs.
(vi) The receipt of the amount on your current account will take place after seven (7) working days when one of the following occurs:
- the transaction is manually placed in COMPLETED by the buyer;
- the transaction is manually placed in COMPLETED by the DolMark admin;
- the transaction is automatically placed in COMPLETED after 21 days from its creation;
- 90 days pass since the seller has accepted the payment request.
The first time-ever you make a sale, the money may take up to 10 days to reach your account. Stripe is trying to make it quicker.
Stripe says: The first-ever
Payout will always remain longer as the banks are lining up their details and
getting everything sorted. This can incur a 7-10 day Payout for the first ever Payout.
payments made via PayPal, only the PayPal fee is charged on the transaction
until July 1, 2021. After this period, we charge a 2% transaction fee (for a
minimum of € 2) to address the site management costs. The seller will then pay
the DolMark fee of 2% + the PayPal fee.
PayPal fees for domestic and international purchases are publicly available to merchants in the following countries:
the event of a dispute, the DolMark admins invite users to find a solution
before proceeding in that way. If the transaction took place between the buyer
and a non-private seller, as pointed out by art. 9 of Directive 2011/83 / EU of
the European Parliament and the Council on consumer rights, the buyer has the
right to return the item, without giving any reason, within 14 calendar days of
delivery of the product.
If you intend to continue with the return, the DolMark admins will intervene by contacting the two users involved and will evaluate the case based on the information collected.
To avoid unpleasant surprises and/or fraud and to help the admin and the payment platform provider (PayPal/Stripe) manage the dispute, DolMark suggests for both parties, buyer and seller, to:
a. take photos/videos of the entire package, including the seals, to demonstrate the box has not been tampered with;
b. make a video while breaking the aforementioned seals, opening the package, and showing the item. It helps to prove that what is inside the box was actually received by the buyer (from a return) or by the seller (from a transaction) and that it has not been replaced to intentionally blame the counterparty.
We understand the inconvenience of carrying out this type of operation, but it is an activity that steals a few more minutes and is a suggestion that we give based on stories of unpleasant experiences that other users have had to go through on other platforms. This provides a “proven” proof that the product has not been tampered with, and that you have been the victim of a scam/fraud.
Are you too busy or do you have a lot of ads to make? Don't worry, we can take care of it for you! Contact us and we will be happy to help you.
- Respect all other members and do not post abusive, spam or threatening messages, leave comments or any other form of offensive communication.
- Don't scam other collectors. We are collectors who want to sell and buy items in total safety. No second chance, scammers, trolls or troublemakers will be banned from DolMark.
- In general, this is an online community, but treat all other members as if you were talking to them in person. Just because you're on a site doesn't mean you can be rude to other users.
- Try to answer all messages timely.
- One listing with multiple products inside is not allowed.
- Be timely in shipping your items, updating tracking information in PayPal, and all communication with the buyer.
For the safety and security of our community, we also do not tolerate transactions to be taken off of our site. Sending your personal information, contact information, email, link of Facebook groups or other marketplaces, etc is prohibited in messages and you will be removed from DolMark if you do so.
If you ever have any questions or need any help, feel free to contact us through the site and we will promptly reply.
HOW MANY LISTINGS CAN I POST?
On DolMark there are no limits on the number of listings a user can post.
WHO CAN LIST ITEMS?
Both individuals and shops can sell on DolMark.
If you are a shop, provide the company name, name, surname, telephone number, address and email in your profile.
Individuals can only place listings in the Private category. Shops can only post listings in the Shops category. If we notice that one or more listings for a shop are incorrectly entered in the Private category, these listings will be moved by the admins to the category dedicated to shops. The same goes for private individuals.
ARE MY PAYMENT DATA SAVED ON THIS PLATFORM?
DolMark does not store your PayPal or bank or credit/debit card information.
CAN MY ORDER OR PAYMENT BE CANCELED?
On DolMark, the seller has the right to cancel an order and refund it in full.
WILL I BE CHARGED THE AMOUNT OF THE ORDER IF THE PAYMENT IS CANCELLED?
No, you will not be charged.
IF I HAVE CLICKED TWICE ON 'PROCEED WITH PAYMENT', WILL I PAY TWICE THE SAME AMOUNT AFTER I PURCHASED THE ITEM?
No, the first order will be immediately cancelled if you have clicked on the 'Cancel and go back to Dolmark' button on the PayPal screen, otherwise, it will be cancelled after a few minutes; the latter, the one with which you confirmed the payment on PayPal server, will be the only valid one for which the transaction amount will be charged. If the seller refuses the payment, this amount will be fully returned to the buyer.
If the double payment was
made through Stripe, contact us and we will cancel it.
ARE FEES ALREADY INCLUDED INTO THE PRICE OF THE LISTING?
seller should already have included the commissions in the price of the listing
- as expressly suggested in point 9. of 'How to sell on DolMark'. It is still
advisable to ask the seller to be sure.